Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions? Have a look through our Frequently Asked Questions for lots of useful information, hints and tips. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for after having a read through, please contact our Fundraising Team on 0131 659 4777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the sign up process?
When you’re ready to sign up, simply click on the ‘sign up’ button. We’ll ask you for some basic details, such as your name, email address and how you heard about the campaign. You can then create your own fundraiser profile.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll also be given access to the ‘downloads’ section of the site; from here, you’ll be able to download the CG 100 Fundraising Pack, which contains all the details you need to get started with your fundraising activities.
Still got questions about signing up? Give our Fundraising Team a call on 0131 659 4777 or email email@example.com
Why do I have to sign up? Can’t I just fundraise?
The CG 100 is a team effort; together we are raising money to help end isolation and loneliness. We want to be able to celebrate every time someone joins the CG 100 team and provide all the information and support necessary to help people in their fundraising efforts. By asking people to sign up, we can ensure everyone is recognised, appreciated and kept fully informed throughout the campaign.
Feeling unsure about signing up? Give our Fundraising Team a call on 0131 659 4777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I don’t raise my £500?
Don’t worry. £500 is the target per person or team, but we are very grateful for any amount of money raised. Different people will manage to raise different amounts, so whilst some may not reach £500, others will exceed it. That’s why the CG 100 is a team effort; together we are raising money to help end isolation and loneliness.
And, in the words of a well-known supermarket, every little helps!
Can you sign up as a team?
Yes, absolutely. The more the merrier! If you have a group of people who would like to raise money together, simply think of a name for your team and enter it, along with the names of your team members, when you sign up. You can also list all of your team members’ names when you create your team’s Virgin Money Giving page; this ensures that everyone gets the recognition they deserve for their fundraising efforts.
Having trouble signing up as a team? Give our Fundraising Team a call on 0131 659 4777 or email email@example.com
I would like to get involved, but I’m not sure what to do
Don’t worry. Once you sign up you will be given access to the ‘downloads’ section of the site. In here, you’ll find the CG 100 Fundraising Pack which contains plenty of ideas for fundraising. We will also be sharing ideas and examples of what others in the CG 100 team are doing via our Facebook and Twitter pages and the CG 100 News page.
Still in need of some inspiration? Give our Fundraising Team a call on 0131 659 4777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How will my fundraised money be used?
The CG 100 campaign is raising money to help end social isolation and loneliness. We currently have a number of community projects running across Scotland which aim to do this, but we need to raise more money to keep these projects running and to develop new ones throughout Scotland. Keep an eye on the News page of the site to read more about the impact that these projects are already having and the difference they are making to people’s lives.
How do I set up my Virgin Money Giving page?
Once you sign up you will be given access to the ‘downloads’ section of the site. In here, you’ll find the CG 100 Fundraising Pack which contains full instructions on how to set up your Virgin Money Giving page.
Still got questions on how to set up your page? Give our Fundraising Team a call on 0131 659 4777 or email email@example.com
Why do I have to set up a Virgin Money Giving page?
We use Virgin Money Giving to manage all donations. Creating your own page and linking it to ours will allow us to see exactly how much money has been raised by the CG 100 team. Virgin Money Giving will also process Gift Aid on your/our behalf, which means we can be sure we are raising as much money as possible from every single donation.
Still unsure about setting up a page? Give our Fundraising Team a call on 0131 659 4777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I already have a Virgin Money Giving page?
Great, you’re already half way there! All you have to do is link your Virgin Money Giving page to the CG 100 Virgin Money Giving page. Full instructions on how to do this are included in the CG 100 Fundraising Pack.
Having problems linking your page to ours? Give our Fundraising Team a call on 0131 659 4777 or email email@example.com
I agreed to some Terms and Conditions when I signed up. What were they?
- Fundraising for the CG 100 is raising funds ‘in aid of’
Carr Gomm, not ‘on behalf of’, even if you are a Carr Gommemployee. This means that you are acting as a volunteer who is fundraising in an informal capacity. It also means you have far more freedom to be creative about how you raise money.
- We want to celebrate you joining the CG 100 team! By signing up to the campaign, you are agreeing to your name being shared on the CG100 campaign site and Carr Gomm’s social media, as well as any content that you tag
Carr Gommin or that you share on Carr Gomm’s social media.
- You must not damage the reputation of Carr Gomm through your fundraising activities or communications. This includes any activity/posts/content on your own social media and to any of Carr Gomm’s social media sites.
- You must ensure that you have gained permission/consent from people in any photos of your fundraising activity prior to you posting or sharing them, whether that be on your own social media or Carr Gomm’s.
- You are solely responsible for all fundraising activities and any costs, loss or injury that may arise to yourself or anyone else whilst undertaking such activities.
- All paper sponsor forms containing names and addresses of donors must be passed to Carr Gomm’s Fundraising Team.
- All donations pledged/received from sponsors must be paid to
Carr Gommno later than 28 days after receipt.
- All donations made by cheque from the donor must be made payable to
- You must get the permission of the owner of any premises (including shops and pubs) before collecting or fundraising on their premises.
- You must get a licence from your local authority (if necessary) before holding a raffle or lottery.
- You must not carry out public or house-to-house collections.